Tuesday, July 13, 2010

If Yan Can Cook, Do You Think I can?

    Last saturday was a very exciting day for me.  Fancy me, meeting Chef Martin Yan in person.  He was  in town giving a cooking demo and i get to go to see him cook live.  I really enjoyed the demo as he was so good with the knife, a real pro, I think i will have to be reincarnated several times before i can come to his level - especially how he garnished a dish.  I tried and here were my results - what do you all think, can i garnish or cook like Yan?


     Ingredients:

    Pan Fried Pork

    1/2 lb of pork loin  - sliced thin
    2 tbsp sugar
    2 tbsp soya sauce
    1/2 tsp dark soya sauce
    2 tbsp shaoxing wine
    1/4 tsp 5 spice powder
    1/4 tsp white pepper
    1/2 tsp garlic powder

    Method:

    Place a slice of pork in between a plastic wrap, sprinkle some water on to the pork and pound the pork to make it thinner and tenderizing it at the same time.  Repeat with all the slices.

    Marinate the pounded pork with the rest of the ingredients for at least 1/2 hour.

    Heat a pan with enough oil just to coat the pan.  When oil is hot, put in 3 slices to pan fry, do not overcrowd..  Fry until both sides are nicely browned and crispy.  Repeat with the rest of the marinated pork.

    Leave fried pork to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into bite sizes.

    Garnish the platter with a tomato rose and cucumber slices(Martin Yan demostrated how they were done)  This Pan Fried Pork was my dinner last night.

    Enjoy

    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2010/07/if-yan-can-cook-do-you-think-i-can.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com