Thursday, July 29, 2010

Campouts and Sleepovers

    by Jo Robertson


    My daughter emailed me the other weekend with this note:

    Hey, do you wanna know what my kids are doing? Sleeping on the trampoline!! I remember how FUN that was as a kid. At OTHER people’s houses of course, since we never had one. It was so exciting!

    Their cousins are spending the night, for a total of five children, but kids these days have NO idea how to have a sleepover.


    Corinna, eleven, said, “Hey Mom. Did you charge the DVD player so we could watch movies?”

    I said, “Hell no!” Actually I didn’t say Hell but you get the idea.

    I told them they have no idea how to do a camp out. First, they need to get some flashlights and junk food. Then they start telling stories until someone is scared and wants to come in.

    This story got me thinking about sleepovers and campouts.

    What do you think? Along with 16mm projectors, eight tracks, and dial telephones, have kids lost the simple meaning of camping out and sleeping over at a friend’s?

    What’s your favorite campout memory?
    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2010/07/campouts-and-sleepovers.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com