Saturday, July 24, 2010

How Cool Can I Get?

    By Kate



    Who's going to Orlando for the RWA conference next week? I am!



    I've heard it's humid. And hot.



    Like, "I'M MELTING!" hot.



    I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Are you?



    For most of July, the rest of the country has been sweltering while here in Southern California it's been in the low 70's all month. So, as you can imagine, the thought of me spending all next week in sultry Florida (see? I'm being nice and not calling it oppressively stifling!) is ... daunting.


    I'm scared. I admit it. Look at me! This hair doesn't handle frizz well at all!



    So in anticipation of attending the RWA national convention in Orlando next week, I've been looking into ways to be cool. I mean, not hot. Er, you know what I mean.


    I'm packing a fan. My friends don't believe me, but it's true. I have one that folds, like this one. I think it'll pack nicely in my suitcase.




    Just looking at this fellow makes me feel good. I want to be that cool!


    That's one way to stay cool -- and I'm looking for more.


    I'll be using this fan pen to sign books at the big Literacy book signing on Wednesday, July 28. Isn't it cool? It's got a little battery inside to keep the fan running and it works really well. Be sure to stop by and check it out. You can be cool, too!


    I've heard there's an Ice Cream Fountain restaurant inside the conference hotel. I might just stay in there all week long. This is a really good idea, don't you think? Eating ice cream should keep me cool, right? Y'all are welcome to join me!



    How do you all beat the heat? I really am a wimp when it comes to heat and humidity, so any help or suggestions you can give me is greatly appreciated! I'll give a $15 Amazon gift certificate to one random commenter who can help me stay cool!


    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-cool-can-i-get.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com