Monday, February 21, 2011

Top 5 - Rocking the Red!

    by Anna Sugden

    Yes, I've borrowed that phrase from my beloved hockey. Come Playoffs time, all those teams who play in red try to rally their fans to 'turn the arena/stadium red' or create a 'red wave'.

    In honour of our support of a wonderful cause this month, and the fact that red happens to be my favourite colour *g*, I decided to devote this blog to favourite red things.

    Here are my Top 5 Reds (not necessarily in this order):

    1. My sports teams - amazingly, all of my teams (apart from the Yankees) are 'reds' - Manchester United aka the Red Devils, Exeter City, The New Jersey Devils and the Washington Redskins. (OK - so it was also an opportunity to show pics of two of my fave players!)

    2. Gerbera daisies - you can keep your red roses, I love red gerbera daisies.

    3. My red VW Bug *sniff* - when I lived in NJ, this was my car. I LOVED it. It was one of the saddest days when I had to sell it.


    4. My red Manolo Blahniks - a present for my 40th - say no more.

    5. My favourite red wine - Nine Popes. I'll brave a migraine for a glass of this lovely wine.

    I also have a favourite red dress that I had made in Thai silk and to my measurements when I was in Bangkok on business, years ago. Sadly, I'm nowhere near the weight I was back then and haven't been able to wear it for several years. Maybe one day!

    ***So, what are some of your favourite reds? Remember, we're giving away an AHA Go Red For Women pin today! And, in honour of Going Red, I'll be giving away a bar or bag of chocolate with a red wrapper.***

    Don't forget to check out the Healthy Heart tip and free book opportunity below.



    The healthy heart tip for February 22 is: Wet your whistle and help your heart! Stay hydrated – staying properly hydrated helps you feel (and look) better and water is a great alternative to high-calorie, sugar-sweetened drinks. Treat yourself to a fun new water bottle to encourage the habit – if it’s always handy, you're more likely to drink up!

    Romance Writers of America and the American Heart Association have partnered to raise awareness of heart disease. Visit http://www.goredforwomen.org/ to learn how to fight heart disease.

    And just in case you missed it....

    Sign Up for the Go Red BetterU Program and Receive Two Free Romance Novel E-Books

    From Feb. 1 through May 31, 2011, receive one free romance novel e-book when you sign up for the American Heart Association's BetterU Program and one after you complete week six of the program. And look for the Eat Smart for Your Heart limited-edition magazine (that features this offer) on newsstands and in a grocery store near you.

    To sign up for the BetterU program, visit http://www.goredforwomen.org/betteru/index.aspx.
    (Go Red For Women is trademarked by the American Heart Association, Inc. Romance novel downloads provided by Belle Books.)
    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2011/02/top-5-rocking-red.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com