Friday, October 2, 2009

Which Prince For You?



    By Kirsten Scott

    If you're anything like me, you grew up on a steady diet of princesses and princes. I don't know if it was these stories that led me to romance novels, or perhaps I was just born a romantic, and my fascination with fairy tales was evidence of that. Either way, I've had a long love affairs with happily ever after, beautiful princess and dashing princes.

    My favorite Disney movie has always been Sleeping Beauty. Like all the princesses, Aurora is beautiful beyond compare, kind and sweet. But it's really not about her, is it? No...it's all about Prince Phillip.

    You've got to admit he's hot. He tears around the forest on his white horse, has a baritone to die for, and best of all -- he slays dragons. He's TOUGH. He's wielding the Sword of Truth. You can't beat this guy. (Did I mention he's hot? Yeah, I know he's a cartoon, but he's hot, okay?)

    In later years, Disney tried to change the message a little and came up with Beauty and the Beast. Here's a heroine we modern, liberated women can appreciate. She's smart, fiesty, and ready to sacrifice anything to protect her daffy dad. And sweet and kind and all that, too. But I have to admit that it's a bit tough to fall in love with the beast, because he's, well, a beast.

    I must admit, the later Disney movies don't move me quite as much. I do love the songs, especially the ones from the Little Mermaid. But the princes just don't do it for me. They're cool and all, but not quite...um...alpha enough. Is that it? Are the Disney men of today just too enlightened?

    Tell me -- am I the only one who still loves her Prince Phillip? Who's your favorite Prince? Prince Charming (Cinderella)? Robin Hood (okay he's a fox, but he still beats most human men, hands -- er, paws -- down)? Do you like the new style of Disney movies, like Beauty and the Beast and the Little Mermaid, or are you still stuck in the days of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White?Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2009/10/which-prince-for-you.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com