Monday, October 12, 2009

There's Something in the Air

    by Joan Kayse

    Cool, crisp air. A sheen of frost in the early morning. Brilliant sunshine and brighter than bright blue skies.


    Caramel.

    How'd I jump from the description of a perfect
    Fall day to food? Well, it's not hard here in The Lair, lol.This past weekend in Kentucky, we enjoyed some beautiful weather. Just like I described above. So it got me to thinking. What were the Top Five things I like about Fall?

    Food. There are certain foods I only make or eat in the cool days of autumn. Beef stew, chili, apple anything (was having a MAJOR apple crumb pie craving Saturday...went to Weight Watcher's instead). They say an apple a day, keeps the doctor away...why not add some streudal topping? Pumpkin rolls with cream cheese, Halloween candy (I do TOO save some for the 31st...unless I buy Milky Ways) and pretty much anything dipped, covered, drizzled, imbedded with caramel.

    Leaves. We are just now starting to have our leaves turn color. I'm expecting a good show this year as we've had plenty of rain (and floods) and cooler temps. My favorite leaf color is scarlet followed by deep gold.

    Naps. Yes, I take naps year round sometimes right before bedtime but an autumn nap is the best. With the hint of cold in the air, a soft pillow and a snuggle blanket...man, you can't go wrong.

    Squirrels. Not the rabid type Susan ;-) but the cute, gray furry ones scampering around with their nuts. I admire their industriousness...as I lay under my snuggle blanket eating caramel.

    Pumpkin Farms. We have a wonderful one across the river in Starlight, IN called Huber's. There's nothing like going there on a day like I described, driving through rural roads, enjoying a home cooked meal and watching kids scamper (in a similar vein as squirrels but without bushy tails) picking out "the best pumpkin ever, Mom!" It doesn't take a stretch to imagine the Great Pumpkin finding that the most sincere pumpkin patch. So what about you?

    What are your Top Five Things you like about fall?
    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2009/10/there-something-in-air.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com