Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Have to Cut the Grass!!!!


    I have a new addiction. No, it’s not chocolate….that’s an OLD one. Not Diet Coke, that’s just necessary for life. And NO…it’s not cats either. I have WAY too many friends on “cat watch” to be sure I don’t turn into crazy cat lady. (But I do confess to visiting the orphans at the pet store and browsing the Humane Society website. Really. Who could resist a kitty named Brenda? Who can resist that face??)

    But I digress. My new addiction is the HGTV show “House Hunters”. It’s a fairly recent addiction. My friend Lisa had it on in the hotel room last weekend at Moonlight and Magnolias. She conked out and I was left to find out if the picky divorcee would pick the house with curb appeal, the fixer upper or the one with only 4 and ½ baths.

    4 ½ baths?!!

    So it has become apparent to me, that the majority of these folks looking for their dream home are well heeled, so to speak. Now I also realize that it has been 20 years since I shopped for a house and the prices are higher than the used to be. But man, these places are GORGEOUS!!!

    I’m completely entranced by the descriptions of the hardwood vs. tile floors. The “flow” of the house. The immense kitchens. The professional landscaping, the paint and then…and then…one of the buyers looks out on an acre of land and whines. “But there’s a lot of mowing to do.”

    Ok, seriously? You’re getting ready to plunk down $500,000 for a beautiful 4,000 square foot home with 8 fireplaces and you’re worried about mowing? Seriously, my little 3 bedroom ranch with the kitty habitat is nothing in comparison and I can pay somebody to do it for me. Bet you could too.

    This of course has put me in a yearning for house shopping. Won’t happen for a lot of reasons: money and the fact that I come from a “put your roots down” family background but man, I wish I could have a master bath with a “jetted” bathtub and a kitchen with more cabinets then Costco has food.

    I like lots of house plans. My wish list would include laundry on first level, finished basement, nice big kitchen with a pantry the aforementioned tub. A skylight would be nice and a huge wraparound porch. And the yard? Ohhhhh Vince….bring your mower on by.

    What about you? Have you moved in recent years? What were some of your experiences? (One couple found out their paradise move to Hawaii required tsunami insurance) What features are on your wish list?
    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-have-to-cut-grass.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com