Sunday, March 21, 2010

Starring as me ...

    by Anna Sugden

    I was watching American Gangster the other night (hubby's choice and surprisingly good) and got to thinking about what it must be like to have a movie made of your life.

    Reading the extra booklet that came with the DVD (yes, I'm a geek when it comes to those DVD extras!) I saw that Denzel Washington had actually met Frank Lucas - the gangster of the title - and that Russell Crowe had met the cop who brings Lucas down.

    Which got my brain working - what must it be like as an actor to meet the person you're portraying? What must it be like to have someone making a movie of your life ... while you're still alive! I reckon it would be really interesting to see how someone viewed your life and your achievements, as well as what you're like. And, what fun to see someone playing you - especially if you got script approval and casting approval *g*.

    Then, I read an interview with my favourite hockey player (for those of you who watched the gold medal hockey game - he's the Team USA player who scored the goal with seconds left to take the game to over-time - that's my boy! *g*) and he was asked who he'd like to play him in the movie of his life. He replied Denzel Washington, because he was a good actor, which made everyone laugh. Then, he said "Yeah, I know he's much taller than me." which brought the house down! (You can see why!)

    Anyway, I wondered who I'd like to play me in the movie of my life. The answer that sprang to mind immediately was Audrey Hepburn. She'd be perfect ... if you squint you could see a vague resemblance LOL. Okay, so she's far too gorgeous and elegant and poised, but work with me here *g*.

    The other person who would be good would be Julia Roberts - I used to have long hair like that and she used to be quite curvy.



    Or perhaps Susan Sarandon. I think she'd be able to do the whole under-stated English thing (southern style *g*).





    Or maybe Mariska Hargitay or Stana Katic - they could do the exotic look.




    I asked my lovely hubby and he suggested Marisa Tomei (He's loved her since My Cousin Vinny!)

    So, who do you think should play you in the movie of your life? Any suggestions about who should play me? What about any of the other Banditas - who could play them?Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2010/03/starring-as-me.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com