Saturday, March 20, 2010

Movies With Game

    by Beth

    I came across a list of the Best Sports Movies of All Time (you can check it out here on Moviefone) which got me thinking of all my favorite Sports Movies. To narrow it down a bit, I thought I'd name only the movies about sports that my kids have played.


    Baseball (softball for my daughters) - Three immediately come to my mind: League of Their Own, Bad News Bears (when I was young, there was even a Bad News Bears TV show *g*) and...Angels in the Outfield (my son must've watched that movie a hundred times when he was little!)


    Soccer - Bend it Like Beckham! This was the first movie I ever saw Keira Knightly in *g*


    Football - Rudy (of course *g*) and Little Giants (yet another movie my son watched over and over *g*)


    Track and Field - Chariots of Fire. It has to be this movie as it's the only one I can think of about this sport :-)


    Hockey - Miracle and yes, The Mighty Ducks *g* When our son goes to play hockey, my husband always tells him to hit the 'knuckle puck'...which, of course, makes our son roll his eyes and mutter under his breath about un-cool we are (so not true! we are very cool!)


    Basketball - Hoosiers! I could watch this movie over and over again! We caught part of it on TV the other night and got to watch Ollie sink his free throws to win the game. I love that scene because he shot underhand just like my father-in-law did back when he played in high school :-)

    My son has also ran cross country and my daughters play volleyball but I don't think I've seen any movies about either of those sports. I'll have to do some research *g*

    As for favorite Sports Movies, in our house Rocky, Caddy Shack and Remember The Titans are all on our list *g*


    What are your favorite Sports Movies? Favorite scenes in those movies? What sports have you played? And if you checked out the Moviefone link above, how many of their 25 picks have you seen?
    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2010/03/movies-with-game.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com