Monday, July 13, 2009

Please Welcome Kimberly Raye!!!

    I think one of the most amazing parts of being a writer is getting to meet other authors whose work I'm crazy about. Its this fun combination of awe, excitement and joy. That's how I felt when I first met Kimberly at a small local conference and got to sit next to her at dinner. Its always so cool to realize someone whose talent you've admired for so long is just a really nice person! And now I'm thrilled to welcome Kimberly to the Lair!!!

    I’m so excited to be here today! It’s been a busy past few weeks with the release of my newest Dead End Dating novel, SUCKER FOR LOVE, from Ballantine, but things have finally calmed down enough for me to actually write. Yay! Special thanks to Tawny for inviting me. You rock!
    (awww, shucks -thanks Kim!!)

    Now on to the good stuff . . . the hot, steamy, titillating S-E-X.

    For me, one of the biggest challenges I face as a romance writer is how to keep things fresh. Let’s face it, there are only so many different ways to do it. You can change positions, but if you’re not careful, the story starts to read like Yoga instruction rather than a super hot encounter between two people falling madly in love. You can add food, but that can get tedious and sometimes weird if you’ve written a lot of books and have done everything from a whipped cream bikini to a human sushi buffet (don’t ask). There are always the tried and true sex toys to spice things up, but once you’ve done a full-size blow-up sex doll with a fully functional penis, the party is pretty much over.

    So what’s a girl to do?

    For me, the one thing I never get bored of is an interesting location. In my quest to find new and different sex spots, I’ve spent lots of time brainstorming possibilities with my writing buddies. So without further ado, here are some of my favorites:

    Kimberly Raye’s Guide to Doing it in all the Right Places!
    1. Zoo – Bring out the beast in your man.
    2. Hayloft – Prickly and primitive.
    3. Dressing room – Now we know Victoria’s Secret.
    4. Elevator – Going down, anyone?
    5. Pile of fall leaves – Snap, crackle, pop!
    6. Kitchen table – Appetizer, entrĂ©e, dessert.
    7. Washing machine – Shake, rattle and roll!
    8. Mattress store – Love that extra firm.
    9. Hotel balcony – Room service with a view.
    10. Deer Stand – Close your eyes, Bambi!

    Okay, that last one is more my husband’s favorite, but you get the idea. It’s all about being different and fresh. So tell me, do you have a unique idea for a sex spot? Interested romance writers really want to know!

    XXOO Kimberly Raye Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2009/07/please-welcome-kimberly-raye.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com