Saturday, June 20, 2009

Time For A Top Ten List

    by Beth


    Tomorrow is Father's Day here in the States which, for some unknown reason, has me thinking about some of my all-time favorite Movie/TV Dads! (I know. It's scary how my brain works. Let's just go with it, shall we? *g*)


    So here, in no particular order, are my Top Ten Favorite Movie or TV Dads:


    1. Rick Castle (Nathan Fillion) of TV's Castle. So far I've only caught a few episodes of this show but the thing that struck me right from the beginning was Castle's relationship with his daughter Alexis. Alexis is actually more mature than her dad but their love for each other is clear *g*


    2. Will Hayes (Ryan Reynolds) in Definitely, Maybe. I'm a huge Ryan Reynolds fan (and I can't wait to see him with Sandra Bullock in The Proposal!) and this movie about a single dad telling his daughter about his past was very sweet :-)


    3. Jack (Michael Keaton) in Mr. Mom. Oh, how I love this movie! Jack loses his job and soon embraces his new role as a stay-at-home dad. Anyone else remember this scene where he's trying to get his son Kenny to give up his woobie (security blanket): "I understand that you little guys start out with your woobies and you think they're great... and they are, they are terrific. But pretty soon, a woobie isn't enough. You're out on the street trying to score an electric blanket, or maybe a quilt. And the next thing you know, you're strung out on bedspreads Ken. That's serious."


    4. Sam Baldwin (Tom Hanks) in Sleepless in Seattle. As much as I love the romance in this film, I also love the bond between Sam and his young son Jonah.


    5. Robert (Patrick Dempsey) in Enchanted. I can't get enough of this movie and Robert is such a cynical New Yorker but his love for his young daughter pushes him to bring fairy tale princess Gieselle home.


    6. Seeley Booth (David Boreanaz) in TV's Bones. Seeley is a tough FBI agent AND a caring father. And he's easy on the eyes, too ;-)


    7. Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler) in TV's Friday Night Lights (one of my fave shows!) Love how sexy Eric is with his wife and how wonderful he is with his daughters. Plus, as a football coach, he's a role model/father figure to many of the boys on his squad.


    8. John Winchester (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) of TV's Supernatural. Before JDM was in Watcher's, he played Sam and Dean's father and I have to admit, I fell hard for this tough guy who would do anything to protect his sons.


    9. Daniel (Liam Neeson) in Love Actually. The story line of Daniel and Sam is my favorite of this fabulous movie. Seeing their relationship grow after suffering a huge loss is so bittersweet.


    10. (TIE) Richard White (James Marsden) and Clark Kent/Superman (Brandon Routh) in Superman Returns. Young Jason White couldn't ask for two better Dads!


    Who are some of your favorite Movie/TV Dads? Which star would win your vote as sexiest dad? I know we have a few Hugh Jackman and Johnny Depp fans out there *g* Let's hear it!
    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2009/06/time-for-top-ten-list.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com