Friday, June 26, 2009

Please welcome Karin Tabke to the Lair

    by Tawny Weber

    Karin Tabke's got a gift for rocking the alpha heroes. Whether it's a cop or a knight, she has a solid handle on writing strong, sexy men who take charge - and women who are strong enough to go toe-to-toe with them.

    Her latest release, Master of Craving, is the third book of the Blood Sword Legacy - and talk about a legacy... is that one hot cover or what?

    The Blood Sword Legacy
    Eight knights bound by a brotherhood forged in hell claim their legacies the only way they can: by right of arms, by right of victory, by right of conquest.

    Most of England has submitted to King William, but Wales refuses to yield. The King's trusted Blood Swords are unable to prevail, and while Stefan de Valrey is left unconscious on the battlefield, his sworn brothers are captured. Despite terribile injuries, Stefan vows to liberate them. Even rescuing a delicately beautiful -- and naked -- maiden from peril cannot deter him, for the silver-eyed Arianrhod is a Welsh princess, a hostage Stefan can exchange for his brothers...so long as Arian remains as pure as when he met her. But that is a constraint Stefan finds harder to honor with every passing day.

    When the scowling knight slings her across his saddle, Arian knows she should fix all her thoughts on escape. But Arian has never before experienced the deep, soul-changing desire that Stefan arouses with merely a glance. Breaking their vows could set two kingdoms ablaze -- can they control the sweet, terrible burning between them?

    *sigh* Now doesn't that sound like a fab story? A fairy tale for sure. I was a huge fan of fairy tales as a kid, and still am for that matter. As a child, I think one of my favorites was Snow White and Rose Red. The contrasts, the love story, the flowers (hey, I'm a gardening fiend, what can I say?) I know my love of fairy tales factored into why I write, and why I continue to read voraciously. Which makes it always that much sweeter to find an author who tells a story about a powerful knight, a strong princess and a great tale of love. Did I mention Karin writes great stories?

    So I'm curious - what was your favorite fairy tale, then and now?

    And speaking of... here's Karin!!!

    I’m Late, I’m Late, For A Very Important Date!!

    Ah, my constant companion, procrastination.

    I want to dump the son of a bitch, but he’s so cute, and cozy and makes me feel so good—for the moment. Then he becomes a royal pain in the ass. Tonight I can blame my lateness in getting Tawny my blog on Lisa Rinna. I was up until 2:30 this a.m. reading her book RINNAVATION. I don’t usually go for this type of book, I mean, I don’t need no freakin’ help!

    I lurve me. Seriously, I don’t have any hang ups (well, no serious ones…). I’ve got a good healthy outlook on life. Yeah, I need to lose a few pounds, okay more than a few, but I just wake up each morning and think, Bottecelli, you rock, I am Venus of the new millennia! I love my husband, he loves me, my kids are great, tho’ not perfect, and I’m doing what I am most passionate about: I write romance!! So why would I get anything from a self-help book?

    Because I needed the reminder! I needed the spark, because quite frankly, I have been trying to dig myself out of a few ruts. Lisa’s book was like exfoliating my skin. It brought out my glow again. I love to glow! I loved this book! I think--I love her!

    I feel RINNAVATED Hah! Seriously, I need to remind myself that I am not an island unto myself. Sometimes, when things get a wee bit stale I need to rejuvenate, and reading a good self-help book that doesn’t preach but brings out the glow is just right for me.

    So, what brings out your glow? What do you do when you need to add some pizzzaz or some umph back into your daily grind?

    And before I let you go, don’t think I won’t remind you about my hot cops and hunky knights. Those boys will get any girls’ juices flowing and give you one hell of an after-glow! So, you like free stuff? Check out A KNIGHT TO REMEMBER, a free short story. The hunky knight in this free short story is also a character in MASTER OF CRAVING, book three in my Blood Sword Legacy series, out now! Click here for an excerpt and scroll down. And you can always find me blathering away on my blog The Write Life or tweeting on Twitter under Karin Tabke or blathering more on Facebook. friend me.

    Ciao, girls! My glowing self will be hanging out today to glow with you all.
    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2009/06/please-welcome-karin-tabke-to-lair.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com