Tuesday, August 16, 2011

To ebook or not to ebook...





    by Christie Kelley



    That is the question on my mind today. I recently read two books on the Kindle app that is on my Droid phone. I do like the portability of always having a book (or ten) in my purse to read. But I don’t love the size of the tiny screen.



    So now, I’m thinking about whether to invest in a Kindle. The price has come down on
    the units and the popularity of ebooks is only growing.



    I kn
    ow some people are saying the Nook is better because it’s color but honestly, I’m an Amazon woman. (Okay, in my short mind I’m a tall Amazon woman…in real life not so tall.) I buy the majority of my books at Amazon because I love the convenience and the quick delivery. I once placed an order at noon and the books were at my house the next afternoon. And that was with the 5-8 day free shipping they offer.



    Plus there's now a way to get authors to personalize your ebook. If you haven’t tried it yet, go to www.kindlegraph.com. Several of the Bandits have their books out there and you can request an autograph.



    So why all the interest in a Kindle?



    This is the good news part of the blog…I recently agreed to write three more books for Kensington. However, they want them only in ebook. Apparently, I sell quite well in ebook format. That’s what really got me thinking it might be time to invest in a Kindle.



    I will post more information the books in an upcoming blog...I promise!



    Now my questions to you all…do you read ebooks? Do you have a reader? If so, which one did you buy (or receive as a gift)?


    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2011/08/to-ebook-or-not-to-ebook.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com