Sunday, August 21, 2011

Quick Five - Book Fun!

    by Anna Sugden

    G'day! Yes, as you read this, I'm Down Under! I'll have been having a faboo time with fellow Banditas, Anna and Christina, and a number of our favourite Lair authors and BB's. I promise to share all the details and pics when I return!

    I'm writing this before I go, as I don't know what my internet access will be like where I am, plus I'll be travelling a lot.

    So, knowing how much you enjoy Quick Five posts, I thought I'd do a Book Fun post today.

    Share with us:

    1. The last book you read that wasn't a romance and did you enjoy it?

    2. The book you're currently reading.

    3. What are the opening line and final line of the book you're reading?

    4. Turn to page 51 and tell us what the sentence in the middle of the page is.

    5. Turn to page 105 and tell us what the fifth sentence from the top is.


    Here are my answers:

    1. Thomas Perry's The Butcher Boy. I love Thomas Perry's books - especially his Jane Whitefield series - he writes great thrillers. This was his debut novel about a mafia hit man and the female agent from the Justice Department who is hunting him. It was really clever, especially the way he made the reader empathise with a cold-blooded killer. Can't wait to read the sequels Sleeping Dogs and Informant.

    2. My dear friend and Lair Favourite, Julie Cohen's latest book, Getting Away With It.

    Funny coincidence about this book - Julie did her ice cream research with a company in Dorset called Purbeck Ice Cream. My husband's nephew has a charcuterie business called The Dorset Charcuterie Company at the Purbeck Larder. What's even more fun is that in this photograph of the ice cream developed in honour of Julie's book, you'll see that the ice cream is wrapped in meat from ... you've guessed it, The Dorset Charcuterie Company at the Purbeck Larder! Check out Julie's blog for the background to horseradish and beetroot ice cream!

    3. The opening line is ... I sat on the cliff edge with my legs dangling over the drop, in a gold lame dress barely long enough to cover my arse.

    The final lines are ... okay, I cheated a little *g* ... And this kiss, definitely, was the best one of my life. Except for the next one. And the next.

    4. "You'd have fun if you let yourself."

    5. The carpet here was some sort of natural fibre, jute or whatever, woven into a tight herringbone.

    Over to you. Share your Quick Five!Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2011/08/quick-five-book-fun.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com