Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Movies I Missed....


    by Jeanne Adams

    Hey gang! Sorry for the late blog today. I was under the weather a bit yesterday...feeling better today, thank you. One of the "good" things about being a bit less energetic than usual is that I got to clear out the TiVo and watch some movies I'd been meaning to watch.

    I watched five episodes of my dear, darling Special Agent Gibbs and his NCIS agents then followed that up with an after lunch serving of NCIS:LA. LL Cool J is SUCH a treat for the eyes.

    Here's my problem. I've got two kids, both of whom are sports-boys and have extracurricular activities. I'm writing books and managing a household and generally running like a crazy woman.


    I have great plans to watch a movie with the hubster, settle back into the big chair and a half and snuggle up with him and some popcorn and watch some of those DVDs we bought one another for Christmas. (We do this - buy the latest one for one another, because we'd buy it anyway, but it gets a present for one of the boys to give to the parent for a relatively low cost. The 21st century version of buying dad a tie or pencil leads or handkerchiefs)

    Sorry, I digressed. Anyway, the challenge for me is, that I seldom have time - or make time - to sit down and watch the chick flicks and fun movies full of explosions that my boys buy me for birthday or Christmas. I have good intentions...but there are books to read (which I can take with me into the car pool lane) and I've been listening to Despicable Me in the car over and over and over again, thanks to the built-into-the-van DVD player. I love it, and can now quote every line. But I can't watch it, so the DVD in the van is very little use for ME when it comes to watching those waiting DVDs.

    It has to wait for a sick day.

    So, long story short (or is it too late for that?), yesterday, I got in some movies. I watched The Blind Side. WOW! What a fabulous movie! Made me want to root for the Baltimore Ravens - somethign I've been resistant to because I don't like that the shall-not-be-named-owner pulled the team out of Cleveland and took them to Baltimore. Grrrr. Nothing against Baltimore but...

    Again, I digress. But it was a GREAT movie. I missed seeing it in the theatre. I'm really sorry about that because it would have been great on the big screen. Sigh.

    I also missed Batman Begins. And Master and Commander. And Tangled.

    I had wanted to see ALL of them in the theatre, but with babysitting and movie costs so high, books due, baseball schedules, (...my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wife to murder, Guilder to frame for it...I'm swamped!)....it's just been impossible.

    What movies did you miss on the big screen? Any you bought on DVD and still haven't watched?

    When's the next "sick day"?

    Grins.Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2011/05/movies-i-missed.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com