Friday, May 13, 2011

Favorite Reading Habits

    by Tawny

    Like most of the Banditas and Bandita Buddies, I'm an avid reader. I adore books. Actually, I adore the written word on anything, from a book to a screen to the back of a box of cereal. I'll read them all.

    But, over the years, I've developed some favorites in my reading.

    • I prefer light over dark.
    • I read more contemporary than historical.
    • I like witches better than vampires.
    • I love fantasy over SF, especially in YA.
    • I lean towards sexy over sweet.
    • I'm a fan of suspense, but no blood and gore.
    • I'll pick characters over plot every time.
    How about you? What are your reading preferences? Do you stick with the tried and true favorites?

    And how do you choose which books to read? I have auto-buys that I grab as soon as they hit the bookstore, of course. And I read on recommendations from friends. I used to belong to a couple of the Harlequin book clubs, getting the entire line of Temptation and Duets each month. But I ignore reviews and haven't ever bought a book because of an ad, although I have because of a blog visit here in the Lair if the person was fun and their book sounded intriguing.

    Do you have a book buying regime you stick with? How do you choose?

    And how about when you read. Do you have to have an open space of time to read the book all the way through, or are you able to stop at the end of a chapter and pick up again later? I'm an addicted reader, so I will skip sleep to finish a book. But that doesn't stop me from starting a story when I know I don't have time, if I'm in the mood to read.

    Do you read through? Or take breaks?

    Aaaand, last but not least... Want a copy of my latest Blaze, JUST FOR THE NIGHT? I'll draw two names from today's comments to win copies :-) Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2011/05/favorite-reading-habits.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com