Friday, April 8, 2011

The One, The Only Kristan Higgins

    Hi everyone!


    Everyone's been busy as bees spiffing up The Lair for one of our fav authors, Kristan Higgins! Lucien has been particularly happy, going around with a silly grin on his lips and growling when Demetrius starts polishing his shield. Kristan? Anything you want to share about your last visit?


    Ahem, anyhoo she's brought along a transcript from an interview I did with the hero/heroine of her latest Harlequin release MY ONE AND ONLY. Let's see if we can get a peek into the story of these two wacky kids. Take it away, Kristan!


    Thanks Joan!


    Just when she thought she had life and love all figured out, divorce attorney Harper James can't catch a break. Bad enough that she runs into her ex-hubby, Nick, at her sister's destination wedding, but now, by a cruel twist of fate, she's being forced to make a cross-country road trip with him. And her boyfriend back at home is not likely to be sympathetic. Harper can't help that Nick has come blazing back into her life in all of his frustratingly appealing, gorgeous architect glory. But in Nick's eyes, Harper's always been the one. If they can only get it right this time, forever might be waiting—just around the bend.


    1. Do you have a tattoo?


    Harper: I fail to see how that's any of your business.


    Nick: Not at the moment, Joan. But I'm seriously considering a small rooster over my heart.



    2. Do you have a nickname?


    Nick: Harper likes to call me snooky bear during our more intimate moments.


    Harper: Sure, I do. It's that, or "the accused."



    3. Dogs or Cats or Komodo dragons?


    Harper: Dogs. Really, just dog. Singular. Coco's rather superior to the rest of the canine world. Aren't you, sweetheart?


    Nick: Is Coco a dog? I thought she was a squirrel.



    4. What is your favorite food?


    Nick: Let me answer that one for you, Harpy. Human hearts, right?


    Harper: Nick's is clear broth and dry toast.


    Nick: Only because you've given me an ulcer, dearest.


    Harper: Sac up, Nick. Can I get a cheeseburger? Very rare?



    5. Are you ticklish?


    Harper: No comment.


    Nick: Yes, she is. So am I, Joan. Just in case you'd like to give it a try.



    6. What is your favorite love song ever?


    Nick: "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel.


    Harper (snorting): Wow. So original, Nicky. Mine is "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones.



    7. What did you last text message say?


    Harper: It was from my boss, Theo. "Y R U not here?"


    Nick: Mine was from Harper. It said "Me so horny. Meet me in the bathroom."


    Harper: Ignore him. He forgot his Ritalin today.



    8. Do you collect anything?


    Nick: Ex wives.


    Harper: Death threats.



    9. Do you believe in ghosts?


    Nick: Oh, I've been haunted for the past 12 years.


    Harper: Nick! That's so romantic! Have you been drinking?



    10. Who is your favorite movie star?


    Harper: Who's that brawny Scot? I like him.


    Nick: She's only saying that because I'm neither brawny nor a Scot.



    11. What is your number one bad habit?


    Harper: I'm sitting next to it.


    Nick: Ditto.



    12. Top 3 wishes?


    Harper: I wish Nick would stop touching me. You're doing that on purpose, aren't you?


    Nick: Yes. Get over it. I wish Harper would break up with that boy-toy she's dating, admit she still loves me and apologize for sticking a knife in my heart 12 years ago.


    Harper: I'll stick with my first answer and wish it two more times. And my boyfriend is not a boy-toy, just for the record. He's a firefighter. Know what I'm saying, Joan? Firefighter. Big. Strong. Brave. He can carry me.


    Nick: Shut it, woman.



    13. Favorite Girl Scout cookie?


    Harper: Ah, those little venture capitalists are always selling something, aren't they? I usually order the Thin Mints and stick them in the freezer.


    Nick: Where she stores her heart. I like the Samoas, personally. But I buy a box of everything.


    Harper: Of course you do. Because you're such a prince. Have the Vatican made you a saint yet?



    14. Best and Worst Personality trait


    Harper: Pass.


    Nick: I might be a little stuck on the past. Maybe I work a little too much. And I love too deeply.


    Harper: You're really going to say that? In public? People read this blog, you know.


    Nick: Moving right along, Joan, My best traits would be I'm loyal, funny and great in the sack.


    Harper: Well. I'll allow those last three. The 'love too deeply,' though…What are you, Bella? Edward's calling. Your blood smells so sexy.


    Nick: She's stunted, Joan. Introspection was never her thing.



    15. What are you scared of?


    Harper: Well, I wouldn't use the word scared.


    Nick: She's terrified of being alone. Which is why she's dating the human equivalent of Lassie.


    Harper: And you're afraid of ending up like Larry King, a string of ex-wives behind you, an empty yet fabulous apartment in front of you.


    Nick: I'm hardly Larry King, Harpy. You always exaggerate.


    Harper: And you always rewrite the past and make yourself look like the wounded hero.


    Nick: And you love to bolt at the first sign of crisis.


    Harper: And you love to—you know what? Bite me, you overbearing idiot.


    Nick: Don't tempt me, you stunted shell of a woman. (Pause.) Want to grab dinner?


    Harper. Seafood okay?


    Nick: Sounds great. Hey, this was fun, Joan! Thanks for having us.


    Well, you two run along while we and the BB's discuss more questions for you. What about guys? What other questions would you like to ask Harper and Nick (wait a little bit for Nick I'm um, practicing my tickling :D) or for that matter, the awesome Kristan Higgins? Ready, aim, fire those questions!

    Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-only-kristan-higgins.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com