Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


    Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

    Are you wearing green today? I am. In fact, I’m also wearing my shamrock necklace and earrings that my sister bought me for my birthday two years ago. I missed being born on St. Patrick’s Day by four days. My brother missed it by one day.

    When I was growing up, my mother always made corned beef and cabbage for dinner. I won’t be making corned beef for my kids because they don’t like it. So I guess it will be some other form of beef with potatoes. I’m still not sure how my sons can be Irish and not like corned beef.

    My children have grown up in a very un-ethnic area. Where I was raised there were sections of town and people knew that more Irish lived in one area, more Italians lived in another, etc., etc.

    Because of that, we were more in tune with our ancestors and traditions. Besides the St. Patrick’s Day parade there was the Greek festival, and the wonderful handmade pierogies that the ladies at the polish church made every Friday during lent. (Boy, do I miss those!)

    Around here, you have to go to Baltimore for that ethnic flavor. I think my kids have missed out on a lot of fun traditions because of the lack of ethnicity around here.


    What traditions did you celebrate as a child? Do you still celebrate them? Are doing anything special to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?

    To help celebrate, I’m giving away a signed ARC of my June release, One Night Scandal to one commenter today! Source URL: http://violeta-diario.blogspot.com/2011/03/happy-st-patrick-day.html
    Visit violeta diario for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

My Ping in TotalPing.com